All you need to know about Assam CEE - Assam Combined Entrance Examination
About the ExamCEE is a paper based test conducted by Dibrugarh University, Assam for admission to undergraduate courses like MBBS/BDS/BAMS/B.E./B.Tech in various colleges and institutes within Assam.
ConductedThe exam is conducted by Dibrugarh University. The question papers are prepared by an expert committee which ensures that the question sets are of comparable difficulty level, content, question type, etc.
About the conducting UniversityThe Dibrugarh University provides various teaching departments which includes centers for studies in its campus and the affiliated colleges scattered over the seven districts is imparting higher education in the various branches of learning in Arts, Commerce, Engineering, Medical, Pharmaceutical Science, Law, Science & Technology, Computer Sciences, Management, Sports and Teacher Training. Dibrugarh University is a member of the Association of India Universities (AIU) and recognized by all universities in India and abroad.
Test CentersThe examination is conducted in 9 centers across the state. They are Silchar, Bongaigaon, Nalbari, Lakhimpur, Guwahati, Tezpur, Nagaon, Jorhat and Dibrugarh.
Type of ExamThere are three options to be considered for three courses. This is explained below: 1. For MBBS/BDS/BAMS candidates should appear in Physics, Chemistry and Biology only. 2. For Engineering Degree Courses - candidates should appear in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics only. 3. For both MBBS/BDS/BAMS and Engineering Degree Courses - candidates should appear in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
Total paper 4 namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and BiologyDuration for each paper 2 hours
Each paper has - 100 multiple choice questions carrying one mark each.Total marks for each paper 100
Negative marking NO!
SyllabusThe syllabus for Assam CEE differs slightly from other entrance exams like JEE-Mains, BITSAT, AEEE, AMUEEE, etc. The topics are elaborated below:
Arithmetico-Geometric SeriesComplex Number
Lagranges Mean Value TheoremsHeights and Distances
Applications for approximationArithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic Progression
Binomial theorems and its ApplicationsIntegration using trigonometric identities
Calculation of mean median and mode of grouped and ungrouped dataFamily of Circles
Differential CalculusDifferential Equation
Binomial and Poisson distributionIntegral as limit of a sum
Law of motion projectileFundamental Integrals
SphereMotion under Gravity
Relation between roots and coefficient numberIntegral Calculus
PolynomialsMatrices and determinants
Quadratic equationII Physics
Units and MeasurementDescription of Motion in One Dimension
Description of Motion in Two or Three DimensionLaws of Motion
Work, Energy and PowerRotational Motion and Moment of Inertia
GravitationSolids and Fluids
Heat and ThermodynamicsTransference of Heat
Thermal and Chemical Effects of CurrentsMagnetic Effects of Currents
MagnetostaticsElectromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
Ray OpticsWave Optics
Electromagnetic WavesElectron and Photons
Atoms, Molecules and NucleiSolids and Semiconductors Devices
III ChemistryBasic Concepts of Chemistry
States of MattersAtomic Structure
SolutionsChemical energetic and Thermodynamics
Chemical EquilibriumRedox Reactions and Electro Chemistry
Rates of Chemical Reactions and Chemical KineticsSurface Chemistry
Chemical Families Periodic PropertiesChemistry of Non-Metals I
Chemistry of Non-Metals IIHeavy Metals
Chemistry of Representative ElementsAlkali Metals
Alkaline Earth MetalsBoron Family
Carbon FamilyNitrogen Family
Oxygen FamilyHalogen Family
Noble Gases and HydrogenTransition Metal including Lanthanides
Nuclear ChemistrySome Basic Principles
Classification of Organic CompoundsHydrocarbons
Organic Compounds containing HalogensOrganic Compounds containing Oxygen
Organic Compounds containing NitrogenSynthetic and Natural Polymers
Bio Molecules and Biological ProcessesChemistry in Action
Environmental ChemistryIV Biology
Reproduction in OrganismsSexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
Human ReproductionReproductive Health
Principle of Inheritance and VariationMolecular basis of Inhertance
EvolutionBiology in Human Warfare
Strategies for Enhancement in Food ProductionMicrobes in Human Welfare
Principles and Processes in BiotechnologyBiotechnology and its Applications
Organisms and PopulationsEcosystems
Biodiversity and ConservationEnvironmental Issues
Mode of ExaminationThe exam is conducted only in Offline mode i.e. it is a pen and paper based test.
Scores needed to clear the ExamThe minimum marks to be scored to clear the Assam CEE exam for admission into any of the colleges according to the desired course is 60%. Candidates with higher ranks and good score will get the college of their choice and the desired course however, candidates with lower rank and score might need to compromise with their course or college.
Pay equal attention and time to each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology).Get your Chemistry basics right. Go through formulae and remember them.
For a good score in Physics, practice solving problems.Revise and remember theorems and formulae. Make your fundamentals strong.
Split your daily preparation in such a way that you can study a little bit of all three subjects. This will make sure that you are on track with each subject.Go through earlier years exam papers.
Take mock tests and check your preparation.Practice time management skills.
FeeThe application fee for Assam CEE 2016 is
For Engineering - Rs. 1140For Medical Rs. 1140
For both engineering and medical entrance exam Rs. 1440The candidates are to deposit the prescribed amount along with a bank charge of Rs. 60/- in cash at any branch of State Bank of India by using bank challan generated after completion of online submission of application form. Examination fee, once paid, is not refundable.
Issue of Application form 2nd April 2016 onwards
Last date for online submission 18th April 2016Last date of receipt of examination fee at SBI 20th April, 2015
Admit card download date 7th May 2016Assam CEE Exam date 16th and 17th May 2016
Result declaration 3rd June 2016Counseling dates 3rd week of July 2016 (*all the dates mentioned are tentative and so are liable for change)
Reference books for Assam CEE preparation:
1. For Mathematics: K.C. Sinha (Algebra), Arihant Publication (Differential and Integral), Website:S.L.lonie (Coordinate Geometry), Website:R.D. Sharma (Volume 1 & Volume 2).2. For Physics: H.V. Verma (Volume 1 & Volume 2), Arihant Publication (Volume 1 & Volume 2)
3. For Chemistry: R.C.Mukherji (Physical Chemistry), O.P.Agarwal for Objective chemistry.4. For Biology: Modern ABC of Biology (for class 11th, 12th), 26years chapterwise solutions CBSE, NEET & NEET2013.
5. For loads of endless question paper downloading and practicing, try the easy - clay6 mobile/web app
Exam guide Link:http://www.concepteducations.com/download/Information_Brochure_CEE-2015.pdf
Application format Link:http://www.ceemedu.org/ and www.dibru.ac.in
Contact Details:Website: http://www.ceemedu.org/
Address: Member Secretary Cell, Common Entrance Examination 2016, Dibrugarh University - 786004, Assam, India
Phone: +91-0373-2370239, +91-0373-2370243, +91-0373-2370231
Fax: +91 0373-2370323, +91-0373-2370768
Extra Questions1. What combination of 12th board scores (cbse or other) and the Assam CEE score one should get to get a seat?
For admission into B. E. course, the candidate should have passed Higher Secondary Examination of the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council with minimum aggregate of 50% (45% in case of SC and 40% in case of ST) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the same sitting.
2. Is there distribution of seats in each engineering branch across Government Engineering Colleges in Assam?Yes!! There is distribution of seats in various government colleges across the state of Assam. The following table explains the allocation of seats in various colleges across Assam against different Engineering courses.
3. How many seats are allotted for MBBS and BDS courses (Medical Seats)?Total number of Medical Seats 626 (State quota seats 503) Total number of Dental Seats 44 (State quota seats 16)
4. Will preparation for other entrance exams like JEE, BITSAT, etc. be enough to prepare for the Assam CEE?With serious preparation for JEE-Mains, you dont have to put in much effort to study anything extra for Assam CEE. But, however some topics are different from JEE-Mains and BITSAT. While JEE-Mains is considered to be tough and concentrates more on the problem solving ability, Assam CEE is relatively simpler and focuses more on time management as well as practical knowledge. Therefore, solve as many old previous years question papers to boost up the confidence level. This will automatically help in getting a self confidence while preparation. 5. How are the seats reserved for B.E/B. Tech courses based upon caste for the candidates of Assam?
6. How are the seats reserved for MBBS/BDS courses based upon caste for the candidates of Assam?
7. If I do not get elected, will all my efforts go in vain?Success is the sum of small efforts put in day in and day out. Therefore, if one does not clear Assam CEE, all the efforts that they have put in for years will definitely not go in vain as it will bring fruits at the right time and at the right place, in the future.