logo

Ask Questions, Get Answers

 
X
 Search
Want to ask us a question? Click here
Browse Questions
Ad
Home  >>  JEEMAIN and AIPMT  >>  Biology  >>  Human Physiology
0 votes

Regarding transport function of blood - choose the correct statement :


( A ) About 97 per cent of O2 is transported by RBCs in the blood.
( B ) all of the above
( C ) Remaining 3 per cent of O2 is carried in a dissolved state through the plasma.
( D ) Nearly 20-25 per cent of CO2 is transported by RBCs whereas 70 per cent of it is carried as bicarbonate.
Can you answer this question?
 
 

1 Answer

0 votes
(B) is the right answer.

Blood is the medium of transport for O2 and CO2. About 97 per cent of O2 is transported by RBCs in the blood. The remaining 3 per cent of O2 is carried in a dissolved state through the plasma. Nearly 20-25 per cent of CO2 is transported by RBCs whereas 70 per cent of it is carried as bicarbonate. About 7 per cent of CO2 is carried in a dissolved state through plasma.
answered Apr 3, 2014 by pady_1
 
Ask Question
student study plans
x
JEE MAIN, CBSE, NEET Mobile and Tablet App
The ultimate mobile app to help you crack your examinations
Get the Android App
...